A beauty that finds expression in poetry, music and more cozy corner of the mind is the beauty that is Autumn. A celebrated beauty of nature is at its most extravagant. The nature of the Autumn Season is like a perfect host who offers the warmth of someone who has more fun watching the guests arrive. The beauty of this season reflects in many forms, each more charming than the others – the sunsets soft blue sky, invitation of the soft breeze caressing body, mind and soul, and one more thing that gives the grace to the lady Autumn – flowers!
The flowers are a delight, forever and ever. Nothing like a beautiful, Fragrant Flower to improve your mood, to melt your heart. And nothing like the palette of Colorful Flowers that Autumn brings to our door. It is as if nature spoils the human heart in a warm gesture, before driving on the threshold of the wild, the hostile winter. The Flowers of colors, give warmth and life to everything in this season to satisfy our fantasies and give pleasures. The trees, the most prosaic of the street sides, the unremarkable boulevards jumps into life and a chaos of colors that dazzle in their richness. And sometimes, they make a hushed entry at our bedside, the far corner of the living room, or the lone mantelpiece at the study in the form of Bouquet of Flowers – to redefine the place!
Ushering Autumn is to usher Beautiful Bunch of Flowers to our world – the world that we share and the world that is ours. We do love the delicate touch that flowers gives to our homes. We do enjoy putting a Flower Bunch here and a cluster there to add gentleness and beauty to our Abode. It brightens up so! But we also often pout at the briefness of the beauty. Withering flowers is as much a painful sight as fresh blooms are a delight. Yes, the flowers, like beauty, have short life. But there are still a way or two to keep them fresh and alive for longer than usual out of its natural harbor, if we care for them a little more.
There are almost as many different arrangements of flowers as there are flowers themselves. The Fresh Flower Arrangement, the Bouquets, or a single Flower – the Floral Arrangement is not one to go by a rule book but by the heart. Pink and blue, red and white, lilac and yellow, crimson and orange – beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Any Floral Arrangement that suits your mood is the one that is best, at all times. But after that is the care that you give to nurture your guests and make their stay happy. While we are at it, let us share some tips on the care of the most delicate of Nature’s pleasantries:
- A Flower loves a neat, clean and healthy atmosphere, just like you. Do remember to cleanse the vase or the container in which you plan to put your Flower Bunch. A mixture of water and vinegar with salt sprinkled generously in it while cleaning would help remove stains and unpleasant odor from vases. Put some ammonia or salt in the water in which the flowers are kept. It keeps away bacterial growth for a longer time, and helps the Flowers breathe.
- Flowers, just like you love space and need some. Don’t crowd them all in one vase to make it look full. There are various other ways to bring the same effect.
- Snip off the leaves that will lie underwater in your vase. They will encourage bacterial growth otherwise. Put your Floral Arrangement away from direct sunlight, preferably in a place which is cool and shady. It keeps your Flowers fresh for a longer time.
- Flowers like some nourishment too. Ask your Florists for a packet of special mixture for cut flowers and according to instructions on the pack, mix it into the water to prolong freshness of Flowers.
- Don’t let the water reek of stench. Change it daily and refurnish the floral food.
- In case the Flowers start wilting, cut off an inch of the stems under water. You must to do it with a sharp knife or a pair of scissors so that muscles are not torn away, preventing the intake of water and food.
- Be creative. Be innovative. Use containers other than regular vases to put your flowers in. It will add an individual touch to your arrangement.
- Love your Flowers. Don’t keep them there just for the beauty. Keep them because you treasure them. Do take care of them.